Total Pageviews

Monday, November 1, 2010

One week ago...and Momma's Day Out!

I roasted chicken on Friday evening and planned the weekend for many meals of leftovers...

In the morning on Saturday, I treated myself to a delicious omellete. Which included my own eggs, a little roasted chicken(home raised), tomatoes(my own), onion(farmers market produce) and some wonderful Wisconsin Aged Swiss.


I played in town browsing my favorite places and found a wonderful set of Fire King Gay Fad Peach Blossom tall Collins glasses. I was excited...and that reminded me I needed a really good quality Vodka! I had ordered some Madagascar vanilla beans from Penzeys and wanted to try out homemade vanilla. I also found some fun foods and interesting ingredients for some other recipes I wanted to try later this winter...


I made the vanilla and put it in the pantry with the rest of my winter stash!!


then for supper..I roasted some winter squash and tried out a recipe for curry squash soup...it was...EXCELLENT!!!

and since the entire day was devoted to "Momma's Day Out"....I finished my day with a wonderful toddy in a (now favorite) glass!!
Some days you just have to treat yourself!!

p.s.
See now...I'm not totally about goats, dogs, cattle and soap making...I take care of me too! (This post is a reminder to me that I really can do this more often...treat myself)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...looks like some really good stuff you have there! I am especially fond of that ending,lol!

    ReplyDelete