Total Pageviews

Monday, April 27, 2009

Rainy Soaping Day!


Soapy Clean scent with 1 part Black Currant/Pomengrante and 1 part Lime EO.
Wheewwwyy,,,did it attract some noise from the kids! Pretty powerful fragrance, but since I know it mellows out now, I should have a wonderful smell after it cures. I froze the milk pretty hard this time, and sprinkled the Sodium Hydroxide very very slowly. I got the creamiest and most irredescent color of mellow milky white milk I have ever had. It was like melted pearls. I really am excited about trying some other smells. This color is blended with Apricot Blush. The other soap I made earlier in the morning was a blend of Grapefruit Oil and SweetGrass! That was an amazing smell also. I really like the smell of SweetGrass. I think tonite I will try a Tea Trea Oil with SweetGrass for a really natural scent next. I am at least getting alot braver in adding some colors. I found a flower press at the 2nd hand store and next we will be hiking for some neat little flower buds and natural grasses to add...SHARON. I think the press could come in pretty handy for ScrapBooking too!! How gorgeous to have a little something added for "Bling" to the soap and a good reason for a hike also :D

6 comments:

  1. You are so brave! I'm a huge chicken about mixing scents together. I always think I'll make something way too stanky.. we need to mix up a batch o' soap soon. All we have left is some scrubby soap that I put some cornmeal in... my husband thinks it's too scratchy but I like it. Post pictures of your soap with the flower press! I wanna see!

    Also CONGRATS on the nice milky white color!! I never can keep it white - goes yellow on me.

    I used cinnamon once - not the scent but real cinnamon - in a batch and it turned it a deep, dark scabby red... it was sorta cool actually. The heat process must've reacted with the cinnamon??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the cinnamon the second time I made soap and it was the darkest brick red brown color..actually pretty too. It is surprising how mellow the scent gets after time. Post some of your stuff...wanna see!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any right now! I like to make soap but only do it a couple times a year cuz it makes so much... we are in dire need o' some of our soap but yes, I'll definately post when I do it! I can't wait to see your flower press!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get the little goat shaped form to you. It's pretty small but I think it would make neat soap in a dish.
    Just let me know when you're ready for a hike. I'm dying to get out and look for rocks. We need to find that vein of quartz again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melted pearls. What a beautiful image!

    Thanks for visitng Casa Hice and leaving such a sweet comment. I always look forward to hearing from you. I need to check up on your diet progress... how's it going?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your soap sounds great!

    Thank you for your comments regarding the buckling that I lost. I feel the same way, always ready for the dissapointments. I feel there is a reason for everything, we just have to look inside sometimes to find it.

    A flower press. I hope to read more about that. I remember pressing violets when I was a child, in books, because I thought they were too pretty to waste away.

    ReplyDelete