Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Boredom Buster and Snow removal














































Well...I was trapped in my home for a few days and a raging blizzard happening outside. I decided I couldn't nap the entire time and remembered I had all this frozen goat milk soap just waiting for me to make a batch or two of soaps. I made 3 batches and was a little creative with the colors and the fragrance. It sure felt rewarding to get so many different scents and soaps cut and drying today. I made Cucumber/Lime and a very nice fragrance of lilac and sweetgrass, also a holiday scent of Energy/Eucalyptus. They all turned out nice and I will show photos tomorrow.

Today I am showing the snow removal and some pretty amazing piles of snow left over from the Christmas Blizzard. I now have tunnels of paths to the barn and to the goats and to the haystacks. Also a tunnel to get the cars down the road and out to the Highway. It took two of us all day and many gallons of gas. Oh...and thankfully my son could pop the tire back on with a little ingenuity, ether and a match. I couldn't watch him do that part...made me nervous. We were up and running in no time again and everything stayed running.

My newest addition, my guard dog, alright..big Pet dog did something interesting though. I was busy doing chores and she follows me all around keeping an eye on me. It is the only real time she leaves the goats, when I am outside doing stuff. Anyway I was forking some hay into the cows and she ran under my feet and sat down and was looking up at me. I looked down to see she had brought me a pheasant and laid it at my feet. Still alive but pretty cold and had been snowed into a hole no doubt. I put her in with my chickens and later saw her come out of the coop this afternoon and flew off down the draw. I really think that Tess would of chewed on her if I hadn't taken her and put her in a safe spot..but I like to think she was being a good girl and rescuing a lost one. My photos I show today are of the haylot where I spent 3 hrs piling snow and cleaning out the hay feeder. Seems we only got 12 to a possible 22 inches of snow but the wind put it in some pretty amazing piles. I think it was pretty hard to tell what we got for snow as I think most of it blew to Kansas.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! That is a lot of snow. It is so beautiful. A winter wonderland! What a good dog you have to bring you a soul who needed a bit of help. You make your own soap! That is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you definitely got your workout these past few days. I did my fair share of shoveling but not to the extent you did. Now we just need to go sledding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures never really do it justice do they? So funny about your new dog! And I just saw a pheasant fly across the road on my way to work today too...

    I bet she was finding another little lost soul and how nice that she follows you all around keeping a watchful eye on you!

    I'm with Shardawg - you guys need to get some innertubes and have fun with that snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I can't wait to see pix of your soap! Such great scents you created!! I'm scared to mix scents... yours sound divine darling!

    ReplyDelete