Total Pageviews

Monday, August 24, 2009

I had a dream...


you see..my best buddy from my home town, she is the Volley Ball coach. We discuss it openly now and then, but I haven't really played Volleyball for some time. I played on a city team for a while when I was younger and found my style was aggressive and balls to the wall....I was sorta scowled at alot, but didn't really care. I am nicer now. Here is where my dream comes into play. Seems I was on my friends team...actually part of this "Young" team with her as the "Traditional" Tough Coach. Now why I even put myself in that position...but here I was...night before a big game. I had a bad case of before the game jitters. Tummy churning..nervous wreck. Now come on, I told myself, it's only VolleyBall. That's when my "dearest friend in the world" says to me...Suck it up and you better play Good tonite!! I was about in tears..actually was a nightmare at that point...then I was starting to come awake and realize..I couldn't play, what was I thinking, My knees would give out, my ankles would crack and pop and scream and not to mention how bad it would look to even trot to the net. No Way in Hell!! Now, I was just trying to come up with an excuse when the alarm went off. Saved by the Bell!! Now Sharon, if you are reading, please understand...I am older now. I don't move as fast and my knees sometimes just go out. I fall down easy and it looks ridiculous if I run..so if you don't mind?? Can I quit Volley Ball?? Please?? I can talk with you about it all you want..just don't make me play any games!!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, that comment sounds like a few of the girls on the team!! We can discuss and I promise I won't make you play. Just thanks for being my sounding board...alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - that IS a scary dream!! Shattered knees and ankles and tummy all in a jumble...

    ReplyDelete